This is FREE service and it will always be free! Anyone can use information from the database for any purpose without permission.
It is intended to be community sourced and I see it as a GitHub for plant care recipes.
The purpose is to help the community with collecting and storing structured information about plants care and potentially plants in general.
The service is in active development and it has already gone live so you can login https://open.plantbook.io, get API credentials and start using that. BTW, there is a social Single SignOn so you don’t even have to register.
The documentation is within Web UI and in GitHub.
- Allow to add and update plants thresholds via WebUI
- Ability to lodge request for specific plants information to be added to DB
- Plant detection API from images
- And many other ideas which are blowing my mind…
Please take a look. Let me know what is working well and what is not working at all. Any thoughts and feedback will be much appreciated. I’m open to new feature requests and your ideas!
20 July 2021
Major UI update. Now Users can:
- Modify existing Public-Plants using “Modify” button in Browse DB.
- Add new Plants using “Add Plant” button in side Menu. Plant is cloned into User-Plant and visible in “My Plants” side menu.
- Modify own User-Plants via “My Plants” side menu.
- The only way to delete User-Plant at the moment is via API DELETE call. UI-based deletion will be available in next release.
The detailed documentation about UI Add/Modify operations is available in Wiki
26 December 2020
Merry Christmas and Happy New year, everyone.
New major release of Open Plantbook 1.03. It is now possible to create new plants and update existing ones via API.
Release notes and documentation: https://github.com/slaxor505/OpenPlantbook-client